Image Map

8/9/14

5 for Friday Linky Party

Ahoy bloggers! What a LONG and EXHAUSTING week this has been trying to get ready for the first day of school on Monday (students don't come back until Wednesday, but Mondays & Tuesdays are teacher PD days so I still have to be ready). And though, it is technically already Saturday, here I go linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for my 1st EVER 5 for Friday. Hooray!!!



I went to my new district's new teacher orientation today. Of course, showed up late because I am still sleeping at who knows what time in the morning and napping at like 5:00 p.m. for 2 + hours. Don't judge! But, I digress...what I wanted to show you fellow bloggers is one of the cute items that came in our "Swag Bag". 


Isn't it cute? It's a heart shaped measuring spoon. The card on the background was a recipe card for a successful teacher. I gave mine to my sister since she bakes/cooks me all the goodies I eat! #winning



My new mascot is a lion. So whenever my principal makes announcements or sends us e-mails, she will say, "Dear Lugonia Pride..." Love how she is into these catchy sayings to go with the school's theme. You can totally tell she was an awesome teacher when she was teaching in a classroom.





I just found out that instead of being a 3rd grade teacher like I was originally told, that I am now 3/4 Combo teacher 2/3 Combo teacher. Yupp...it keeps getting changed around. It'll be first time teaching a Combo class. Ummmm...so this banner where it says "I <3 3rd grade" will prooooobably not work. 




I love magnetic borders and bright colored painter's tape (Scotch brand though. Because school stores painter's tape just doesn't work the same way). I am in LOVE with how my Must Do's & May Do's board looks.




Saved the best for last! Aren't you glad you read all the way up to the bottom? Forever 21 is having a Back to School sale this weekend only for students and teachers. Just bring your school I.D. About 90% of my outfits that I wear to work from the Love21 line is from Forever 21. Until someone tells me I should NOT be shopping there; I am gonna keep shopping there!


Aaaaand... there you have it! I hope I can fix my sleeping schedule so I don't look like a zombie during my PDs and 1st day back with the kids!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin! I think your classroom looks absolutely adorable! I too am new to this whole world of teacher blogging, so I just wanted to stop by, say hi, and wish you the best of luck! P.S. I'm your newest follower!

    Best of Luck!

    Anna
    Kinder Tykes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna! Thank you for the warm welcome to the blogging world. =) Kindergarten is such a precious year. I'm wishing you the best of luck this coming school year as well!

      Delete