Image Map

8/2/14

August Currently

Okay...Here I go, Linking up with Farley from O'Boy Fourth Grade for my very first "Currently". Hooray!!!

Listening: I'm not gonna lie, my summer has been filled with marathons on Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Instant download shows from 7:00 p.m to around 2:00 a.m. You know how these apps ALWAYS play the same advertisement over and over and over again? Well, after watching the new Toyota Rav4 commercials over and over and over again...I have been quite addicted to the song they have been playing on the background. It's called "Nights Like This" by Eli Paperboy. It is SO catchy! It makes me want to get up and dance in the middle of my living room. Oh, another song from an advertisement is "Ring My Bell" from this weird commercial about how an old couple spice up their life by karaoking to this song while her married adult daughter and son-in-law stare at them blank faced.

Loving: I am going to start my 8th year of teaching at a brand new school district and after living in the jungle/safari for the last 5 years, I can proudly say I am moving on. As much fun and many good memories I have had with my kids in the jungle/safari, I will probably shoot myself if I have to look at any more zebra prints and leopard prints for a while. Instead, I was truly inspired by Schoolgirlstyle's Preppy Nautical Theme, but I will be adding my own twist to it. Instead of sticking to just one color coordination, I am going to combine neon colors of: lime green, highlighter yellow, fuchsia, and aquamarine. Honestly, my reading baskets from my classroom library plus these sparkly wave patterns I bought from the CM School Supply store inspired me to pick these colors. I love it! It makes my room POP!!!
I am also loving that I get to spend so much quality time with my family now that I have moved to a school that is WAY closer to my family. The older I get, the more I realize how important your family is in your life. I honestly do not know where I would be without them.

Thinking: With a new territory, comes new people and new kiddoes! I am truly nervous (in a good way) to meet my new teammates. One of them has been an absolute sweetheart and has helped me answer A LOT of my questions that I have via e-mail. I like to call myself a "long term relationship" kinda gal and even when it comes to my teammates in school, I have been fortunate to work with the same people for long periods of time and have been able to not only build trust as a colleague, but as a friend. So nevertheless, being a newbie is always a scary experience. And then you have the kids. You know when parents and students don't know you yet, they are also a bit wary? This freaks me out. I know in time, my work and passion will speak for itself, but in the beginning that isn't always the case. Again...scared and nervous...I can't help it!!!

Wanting: Self-explanatory, I just want summer to last a tad bit longer. I don't think I really had time to just sit and relax all day in my PJs yet. I actually helped at my parent's company for a month while they were taking care of a family emergency abroad. The time I didn't work there, I was busy either packing out of my apt into my house/classroom, or working on classroom things. I just want to clock to stop and enjoy a day of laziness!

Needing: I need some I Dream of Jeannie superpowers. I want to fold my arms, think of something, nod my head, and voila...make it a reality! I think this would make packing/unpacking, room decorating, and interactive notebook set up so much easier. Sigh...a girl can dream!

1st Day of School: Will keep you updated! I get 2 more weeks before the kids arrive. Dun..Dun...Dunnnnn!!!!!!!!!!



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

      Delete
    2. Your welcome! So excited you have joined this amazing world of blogging!
      Chelsea
      Fifth Grade Wit and
      Whimsy

      Delete
  2. Hi! I'm totally with you on the late night Netflix marathons! I'm also a little nervous, but mostly excited about the new school year. I've been teaching at the same school for 8 years now, and while I'm not the "newbie", 5 of the 10 teachers in my grade will not be teaching with me this year...boo! We were really close, so I will be learning to work with new people as well! Good luck, and congrats on the new change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joy! Good luck to you as well. New teammates can be a scary experience, especially when you taught with the same people for a while. I totally feel you ;( It's like a break-up.

      Delete
  3. Kristin you have nothing to worry about! You are an AMAZING teacher! Your new colleagues, students, and parents will adore you. Good luck on that first day of school - I will be there with ya! It is always nerve wracking to start at a new school. But change is a good thing and sometimes we just gotta take risks and see were it will land us! I still wish BLT could be teammates forever! We sure rocked didn't we? Loving your color scheme-my colors are pretty much the same, just switch the yellow with grey. I can't wait to here about your first day goes.
    Chelsea
    Fifth Grade Wit and
    Whimsy

    ReplyDelete