Image Map

11/25/14

A Week of THANKS- H is for Home Sweet Home

Linking up again with Blog Hoppin' for this week of THANKS.

Today is for the letter "H'


This past year I made a big decision to leave the school I was teaching in for 5 years to move back home to be closer to my family. It was a very bittersweet departure, as I have come to love the community that I taught in and have gotten to know so many wonderful and supportive families of my students in the years I was teaching at my old school. 

I definitely don't regret my decision, as I am in an awesome and well known school district. But the best part is being able to see my family, enjoy nightly conversations with them, and see them happy. I used to be a free spirit that wanted to get away as far as possible from home when I was a teenager and young adult so that I could be free as a bird. 

Now that I am in my 30s and partied out, I have come to realize how short life is and how limited the time we have with the ones we love. So this Thanksgiving season, I am definitely giving thanks to still being able to see and have my family members in my life and being Home Sweet Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment