Image Map

1/2/15

January 2015 Currently

WOW . . . another year has come and gone. I seriously CANNOT believe it is already 2015! For my first post from the new year, I will be linking up with Farley from Oh' Boy 4th Grade.




Listening: Catching up with Season 8 of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians". I seriously have not had much television time this school year. It's nice to just veg out on my couch and watch mindless show with absolutely nothing to do!!!

Loving: I have also been catching up on all the books I have not had a chance to read during the regular school year time. I just finished 3 books and they were ALL so amazing! The first one I read was If I Stay after renting the movie version Redbox. Then, I went and read the sequel, Where She Went


There were a lot of mixed reviews on the sequel and a lot of people didn't (*Spoiler Alert) like the happy ending. (*Spoiler Over). For me though, I absolutely LOVED the sequel and Adam's point of view. I will admit, the ending was rather rushed, but not every book is going to end the way one wants it to. 

Then, the 3rd book that I can't believe took me so long to discover is Eleanor and Park. Wow! Just absolutely WOW is all I can say. It took me back to high school crushes and I just fell in love with Park's character and his entire family! I hope there is a movie version of this. I would love to see how it is interpreted into a movie.


I am now working on reading Paper Town

Were it not for the fact that I get super lightheaded and nauseous from taking antibiotics for my root canal infection, I would've finished this book last night. 

Thinking: And speaking of root canal infection, I can't stop thinking about it. I have been to SO many doctor and dentist appointments this past week. First of all, I didn't even know there are different types of dentists and they all focus on a different thing. I first went to my regular dentist for a cleaning, then had to go to the endodontist, then the oral dentist. Now, I found out that my root canal infection is so bad that there is no saving the tooth so I will have to get an implant; which I have been researching and found out is extremely costly and my insurance does NOT cover it. Seriously a pain in the buttocks!

Wanting: Some Pinkerry Yogurt and KBBQ. The perfect combo to a lunch or dinner!

Needing: To heal. I have lovely kiddos this school year, but they come in with all sorts of colds and flu to school. I not only had the regular cold and flu, but it got so bad that it turned to a sinus infection. I pretty much have been a walking mucous for the last 3 months. Pretty disgusting, right?

Yes, Maybe, I Wish: Yes, to having an extra week off! I get 3 weeks off and I can use it to recuperate my body. Maybe I should start getting off my butt and start putting all the Christmas decor away, but I am not ready to do that yet. I wish that I had  a personal assistant to run and do all of my errands. I can't help but feel entitled to my vacation time and I just want to do NOTHING, NOTHING I tell ya!

That is all for my January currently.  Wishing everyone the best 2015 has to offer!


4 comments:

  1. I found you through Farley's link up! Cute blog! I LOVE reality tv...I need to catch up too! :) I hope you feel better and enjoy the rest of your break!

    Brigid
    Bits of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brigid,

      Thanks so much! There is nothing better than reality t.v. to get a much needed "adult brain break" from our daily hustle and bustle. I am on my way to look at your blog too! Love discovering new teacher bloggers and their blog =)

      Delete
  2. You have some fabulous book recommendations there! I read If I Stay but didn't know there was a sequel. I loved getting to read just for fun over break! I am jealous of your 3rd week off! Hopefully you can use that extra week to feel better. I spent the better first half of my vacation recovering from being sick from those kinder kids! I am not ready for Monday as a result!
    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I know, my sister told me about the sequel I didn't know it myself either. Let me know if you read it and what you think about Adam's POV. There are a lot of mixed reviews on GoodReads. I just finished "To All The Boys That Loved Me" and I thought it was really good too. But I like reading about teeny boppy teens; it makes me think so much of my own HS days.

      Delete