Image Map

11/28/14

Five for Friday (last one for 2014)

WOW . . . I haven't linked up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for some Five for Friday in quite some time. Since this is going to be the last one for the 2014 year, I thought I'd link up with what I have been up to during this week off.

Make sure you link up soon because this linky will be taking a break during the month of December, meaning the next time we will be linking up with this it'll be . . . wait for it . . . 2015! Holy....!!!


Riley Farm at Oak Glen Family Trip

My family and I decided to make a spontaneous trip to Riley Farms in Oak Glen last weekend after Riley Farm came to my school for a field day. I got to taste some freshly made apple cider and just had to go get me some more. Not only did I get 3 gallons of apple cider, but we also got ourselves 3 dozen of these fresh out of the doughnut maker, apple cider mini doughnuts. OMG...so delish!



Mani & Pedi
I finally was able to get myself a mani & pedi that my hands and feet really needed. Being a teacher, it's difficult to maintain our manicures. But during the week off,  I am able to make it last a tad bit longer!


Thanksgiving Day Dinner


This year, I was promoted from clean up crew to sous chef status. I was in charge of the potatoes au gratin, rice pilaf, and croissants. All hand made at my momma's kitchen. Oh, and the kitchen is still in tact...no burns! YAY! Thank you Williams Sonoma and Bon Appetite magazine for the awesome recipes!


Dining Room Make Over

It finally happened! My dining room, which no one EVER uses (it's for decoration purposes only which was pointless) is finally my make-up/crafting/office room. Oh yea . . . look at my extra clothes rack because apparently 1 full closet and 1 additional walk-in closet are NOT enough for all my clothes and accessories. 


The Most Wonderful Time of the Year


Currently working on putting away "harvest" decor and taking out all my Christmas decor! Here are my 2 mini trees I used to have in my old apartment. I love my pink Christmas tree in my room and my white tree by the heater. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving break and enjoyed some Black Friday shopping! I know I did!






4 comments:

  1. I was spoiled to have a huge walk in closet in my first house (still here), so it will be SO hard if I ever have to down grade...I plan on not to, but fear I may have to! I love your mini trees!
    Lindsey
    Thriving in 3rd
    L. Paull Designs for All

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey...downgrading closets is always sad. My old parent's house, when I was in college, had 3 floors. I had the 3rd floor all to myself. Master bedroom with full living room, walk in closet, and kitchennete area. I miss those days =(

      Delete
  2. Hi Kristin. I'm loving your whale theme! Plus you're from California - how lucky is that! The weather must be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. Yes the weather is still wonderful in Cali. I love that I can just wear regular outfits and just add a scarf and cozy cardigan with everything.

      Delete